Sail and Sail cover repairs
Call Ryan Sails to find out how much your damaged sail or cover will cost to repair. We will repair any item when cost effective and safe to do so. We inform you of any of the cost variations there may be during the process. With 40 years in business we have many clients returning year after year.
Sails and other equipment we can repair.
Due to the wide range of experience at Ryan Sails, we provide cost effective repairs for • Yachts • Dinghies • Windsurfers • Kites • and nearly any sort of Boat Cover • Foil Covers • Sail Covers and boom bags and lazy jack bags.
Sail repairs and alterations.
We take care in the quality of our repairs and are conscious that sails sometimes need a quick turn around. We are aware of the importance of sails performing and looking correct when set – even after they have been repaired or altered.
Ryan Sails regular maintenance checklist for sail repair:
• Laundering your sails removes salt and stains from the sail prolonging its overall life span.
• Regular servicing your sails will help catch the small problems before they become big problems.
• Bolt rope inspection – wear on the bolt rope and surrounding cloth.
• Threads and seams – re-stitching worn seams before they split completely.
• Batten pockets and elastics – replacing worn batten pockets, the battens themselves and the elastics inside.
• Batten ends – wear at either end of the batten. UV strip – repair or replace.• Clew, head and tack re-enforcement areas – check for the correct stiffness for the size of sail and repair if necessary.
• Tell tales – replace existing or fit new.
• Cuts and rips in the main cloth – general wear on the main body of the sail.
• Sail numbering and logo fitment, rebuild or replace with new.
• Leach lines – general inspection of the line, sleeve and cleats.
• Slugs – wear on the attachments and plastics.
• Clear canopy windows – repair or replace fogged, stained, creased or broken windows.
Sail repair is often more complex than many owners realise.
Ryan Sails policy is to discuss the scope of repairs and feasibility of the works required, preferably with the owner present to better understand the scope. In many instances it is simply not worth the cost of extensive repair on old and tired sails. In this instance we will offer the cost of a replacement sail as a comparison.
If you would like to know more about Ryan Sails or arrange an appointment regarding sails for your yacht contact: email@example.com
or call Phyllida Rixon on 0412 938 869